RT's performing smoking and tobacco use cessation

Can a hospital bill/charge for  Respiratory Therapist to perform smoking and tobacco use cessation for patients including Medicare, for the facility side?


  • the reg says- Whose counseling is furnished by a qualified physician or other Medicare-recognized practitioner. Usually that is an NP, PA, CRNA, etc, who can bill directly for their services. I don't think resp therapists can bill for services
Sign In to comment.