Clinical Staff Shadowing

Hello,

My Revenue Integrity team and I have made the decision that we are going to spend a few weeks shadowing the clinical staff to see if they are charging correctly, and capturing all of the billable services rendered? Has anyone taken this approach, and have you put a program together, or agenda that I could review to help get an idea how I will make solid use of the clinical staffs time, and our review effective. 

Thank you!

Comments

• I have done some informal department shadowing, like spending a day in Cath Lab, watching an OR procedure, etc., but don't have anything like an agenda or program. However, one of my goals is to implement something more formal, so I'm interested to see if anyone else can provide any information.
  • I have revenue integrity [RIA] staff for each of the larger service lines:  ED, OB, CV, Medical Imaging, Cancer care, OBS/OP admissions, etc... Part of the RIA's job/role is to visit onsite on a regular basis and be the liaison with the clinical team on all things related to charge capture and documentation to support it.
Sign In to comment.