IP Revenue codes

We are a pediatric cancer hospital.  A question has come up about when a patient over the age of 18 in an inpatient.  Do we bill a 117 if the patient has cancer regardless of age?  Should we bill a 111 if the patient is not a cancer patient and over the age of 18, for instance a Hematology patient?

Thank you for any help you can provide.


  • NUBC has no definition or guidance on when to use "Cancer" or "Pediatric" in the Revenue Code section. I would also recommend checking insurance-specific guidelines.

Sign In to comment.