Smoking Cessation in the Hospital Outpatient department

We are a CAH in Wisconsin. We provide smoking cessation (CPT 99406/99407) in our Cardiac Rehab department. The documentation is done and signed by an RT and we are currently billing this as a professional charge (on a UB04 with 0981 Revenue Code). I'm sure this is incorrect billing but my question is, can we bill this on a UB as a facility charge ONLY and still allow our RT or other ancillary staff to perform it or is this really a service that only a provider should be performing? Thank you


Sign In to comment.